ID Xpansion Clamp MiteeBite (WDS 590)
You must be logged in to access this.
Not registered? Register
ID Xpansion Clamp MiteeBite (WDS 590) (Available) £34.84 - £204.65 Each
Type - Expansion Clamps
• Low Profile
• Ideal for Secondary Operations on Lathe Parts
• Easily Machined to Size on Lathe or Mill
• Allows More Parts Per Workcube or Fixture Plates
• Excellent for Palletised Setups
• Screw Coated to Prevent Seizing for Increased Accuracy
• Clamp Body Made of Mild Steel for Machinability
• Tighten with Hex Key or Hydraulic Pull Cylinders (Screw protrudes from bottom of base)
The WDS ID Xpansion™ clamp is the ideal way to hold parts on an inside diameter for multiple machining on a vertical machining centre or a horizontal machining centre. These machinable clamps are produced in 10 sizes and can hold internal diameters from 4.1mm to over 103mm. The clamps use a heat treated tapered screw for expansion.
The larger diameter of the clamp is held to a close tolerance for precision locating in a machined pocket on work cubes and fixture plates.
The customer machines the mild steel clamp to match the bore of the part ensuring proper fit. Often times the clamps can be remachined
for different size jobs. One of the benefi ts of these low profile clamps is holding many lathe parts, for secondary machining, on one compact
set up. They are quickly tightened with a hex key, torque driver or can be mated to hydraulic pull cylinders for automation.
MACHINING AND INSTALLATION
• Expand clamp approximately 0.1mm over relaxed diameter and machine to fit workpiece bore, either on lathe or mill.
• If machining the clamp on a lathe use the nut provided, on the back of the clamp, to tighten the tapered screw. This nut is used only to machine the clamp.
• Machine a pocket, in the fixture, for the close Tolerance “E" dimension and drill and tap mounting holes per “H" column. Drill and tap a hole from the “I" column in the centre of the
pocket for the tapered screw.
• A recessed dowel pin may be installed into the flange for additional rigidity if required.
Select part number to view prices and download 2D & 3D CAD models at the top of page
|WDS No.||Select||A||B||C||D||E -0.05||F||G†||H*||I||J||WDS Spare Screws (4pk)||Weight|
|590-38000||Select||10.7||7.6||6.1||3.0||20.0||7.4||4.1||M2 on 13.7 BHC||M2||4.1||590-38001||10 grams|
|590-38050||Select||21.8||16.0||15.0||5.9||29.72||12.4||8.0||M3 on 20.95 BHC||M4||7.2||590-38002||45 grams|
|590-38100||Select||24.9||19.0||15.0||5.9||31.5||14.2||12.2||M3 on 23.1 BHC||M6||11.2||590-38010||61 grams|
|590-38150||Select||24.9||19.0||15.0||5.9||37.5||20.0||13.5||M3 on 29.0 BHC||M8||13.2||590-38020||105 grams|
|590-38200||Select||28.6||22.2||17.5||6.4||50.0||27.0||18.0||M4 on 39.4 BHC||M10||16.3||590-38032||200 grams|
|590-38250||Select||31.8||25.4||20.6||6.4||56.0||36.3||23.0||M4 on 45.5 BHC||M12||20.3||590-38042||320 grams|
|590-38300||Select||39.6||31.8||27.0||7.9||69.5||42.0||29.3||M5 on 55.9 BHC||M16||21.4||590-38052||590 grams|
|590-38350||Select||39.6||31.8||27.0||7.9||75.5||51.5||29.3||M5 on 63.9 BHC||M16||21.4||590-38052||800 grams|
|590-38400||Select||45.5||37.6||32.3||7.9||107.5||77.7||29.3||M6 on 92.6 BHC||M16||19.3||590-38072||1972 grams|
|590-38450||Select||45.5||37.6||32.3||7.9||132.9||103.0||29.3||M6 on 118.06 BHC||M16||19.3||590-38072||3500 grams|